intimates

Plays Well With Others...

Official NaNoWriMo 2005 Winner
My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
E-mail me at: longhorntwice -at- hotmail -dot- com... All writings and photographs on this blog are my work. Give credit where credit is due.
daily polaroid
singleton muses






more singletons



My Amazon.com Wish List
Site design by:
Bonafide Style


Feb 6, 2007

When Your Problem Doesn't SOUND Like an Emergency...
My doctor's nurse deserves a good throttling.

Me: My insurance doesn't want to cover the 5 doses of the prescription The Doc wants me to take because it is a one dose product. The pharmacy said you could call and get them to override that problem.
Nurse: Could you hold on a sec?
{on hold for forever!!}
Nurse: She said just take one dose of this OTC med instead.
Me: You mean, instead of taking the prescription med 5 times, she wants me to take the OTC med that hasn't worked in 2 years, just once?
Nurse: Um, yeah.
Me: {Almost to tears in frustration} fine. Thank you.

How could an OTC med that hasn't worked in 2 years, suddenly work again when she originally thought I needed five times the usual amount of the prescription version??

For some reason, I think the nurse told the doctor "some patient" was on the phone, instead of getting out my file and telling her who I was. Otherwise, how could the doctor come to that answer about the medicine?

I called back after I had washed away all of my make-up with tears. I asked the receptionist to please have my doctor call me. Hopefully, I will have a better understanding of what is going on after she calls back.

Labels:

posted by Ty @ 2/06/2007
4 Comments:
At 9:08 AM, February 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your blog is amazing...just like you!
hang in there on the docs and nurses. there are many, many out there who are wonderful. consider going to UT Southwestern. don't give up! there's hope.

 
At 2:16 PM, February 07, 2007, Blogger Sarah said...

I hate doctors... that's why I never go. If you want to make a trip to Mexico to get what you need, let me know. ;o)

 
At 8:56 AM, February 08, 2007, Blogger Ty said...

Thanks guys.

Anonymous, who are you?

 
At 2:13 PM, February 09, 2007, Blogger Summer said...

I hate it when insurance companies argue with your doctor. Who went to med school? HMMMM??

I had pinkeye a few years ago (OUCH!) and I went to my optometrist for meds because she wasn't busy. Insurance wouldn't cover it because I don't have "vision insurance". I said "They're freakin' antibiotic eyedrops for this infection in my eye! Do you want me to go blind???" They approved it. And my blood pressure went up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home